Thursday, December 9, 2010
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
"Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" - CWG
- If you don't have a whole new respect for Randy Shannon after reading this, tsk tsk.
- No surprises among the lists of candidates Miami AD Kirby Hocutt has reportedly talked to or plans to.
- You can now count Miami's recruiting class on one hand.
- There's only one reason the Miami job is more appealing than the Florida job.
- FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said he was caught off-guard by Urban Meyer's resignation.
- Virginia Tech and Virginia were both recognized for their academic excellence.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson has a formula to measure his defense, and Al Groh's group didn't quite measure up consistently.
- UNC coach Butch Davis sought counseling for his players in September because he thought there was a lot of "pent-up anger" during the peak of the NCAA investigations.
- BC running back Montel Harris is confident he'll be ready to play in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
- Clemson AD Terry Don Phillips has earned a vote of confidence from university officials and there will be no change in his contract.