Thursday, July 23, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Only two and a half more days until I officially consider us to be "in-season." The ACC Football Kickoff is Sunday. Until then ...
- One player creating a lot of buzz in Tallahassee this summer is tight end Caz Piurowski. The last time I spoke to Jimbo Fisher, he was particularly excited about Piurowski because the offensive line will be better and Piurowski won't have to help out there as much. By dieting and slimming down, he's ready to be more involved in the passing game, and FSU could certainly use another set of hands there. Then again, they might get Richard Goodman back sooner rather than later.
- Clemson running back C.J. Spiller knows how to strike a Heisman pose -- he's just got to teach his coach how to do it.
- Miami coach Randy Shannon intends to be stingy about the wide receivers' playing time, and LaRon Byrd intends to be one of the players who sees the field. Odds are he will.
- Virginia Tech got a commitment from a wide receiver, and the Hokies were his only offer. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- Maryland beat writer Patrick Stevens says to "step away from the panic button," that the Terps' linebackers are going to be just fine.
- Boston College is heading to Yankee Stadium in 2014. And no, Dave Shinskie will not be eligible then.
- Doug Roberson of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution posted a Q&A with Sedric Griffin, and he talked about the differences in Year 2 of Dave Wommack's defense.