Thursday, July 30, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Since NC State is one of the schools that reports first this weekend, let's start in Raleigh.
- Without linebacker Nate Irving in the lineup, "This becomes Dwayne Maddox's time," says defensive coordinator Mike Archer. No doubt expectations are a little higher for the Pack this year. NC State is playing UNC in the final week of the season and Tom O'Brien thinks it's dumb. Ha.
- And don't forget about Georgia Tech. Tech is one of four FBS schools to begin preseason practice on Monday. Only Troy, which begins practice today, starts earlier than the Yellow Jackets. And they aim to confuse everyone this fall -- again.
- Things are going as well as they can for BC linebacker Mark Herzlich.
- Miami's offensive line is set with Matt Pipho on the right side -- or is it?
- FSU welcomed back Deion Sanders on Wednesday. Ah, the glory days.
- The folks at the Chick-fil-A Bowl are hoping UNC-LSU is the next great kickoff to the season. Meanwhile, Maryland is adding bad boy Rhode Island to the schedule.
- Why even play this season? Virginia Tech has already been crowned the winner.