Monday, August 10, 2009
ACC's (late) lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Since I'm in Atlanta today, let's start with the Jackets, where coach Paul Johnson would like kicker Scott Blair to hand the punting duties over to either Chandler Anderson or Sean Poole.
- Speaking of specialists, it was the one group that stood out in NC State's first scrimmage -- for better or for worse.
- Alabama isn't considering Virginia Tech "a pushover," despite the fact that's exactly what the ACC looked like in last year's Chick-fil-A Kickoff.
- Virginia Tech freshman David Wilson has impressed just about everyone who's seen him on the field, and on Saturday he even stunned teammate Darren Evans.
- Florida State defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews waited so long to become the Noles' next head coach that FSU officials deemed him too old for the job. And he was never told along the way not to bother holding out hope for a promotion that would never come.
- After losing 30 seniors, Maryland will have a whole new look when it starts practice today.
- Boston College also starts practice today, and the Eagles begin with looking for a new quarterback. They'll start with David Shinskie.
- Miami offensive lineman Matt Pipho has just as much brains as he does brawn, and he's looking to show off both this fall.
- Clemson defensive end Kevin Alexander is a great example of why redshirting decisions need to be made with caution.