Friday, August 21, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
TGIF, ACC fans. Here we go.
- It's been 16 years since the ACC has had a team with two 1,000-yard rushers. Can Georgia Tech do it this year with Jonathan Dwyer and Roddy Jones? It's definitely a possibility, considering the numbers they put up last year.
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe has yet to name his workhorse running back, and he might not until the Baylor game, but Kevin Harris certainly hasn't done anything to lose the job.
- Maryland's Drew Gloster has a new number, a new position, and a new outlook on football and academics after missing last season.
- Florida State defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews is still looking for replacements in the secondary.
- Virginia Tech receiver Zach Luckett, who has been given a second chance by Frank Beamer to rejoin the team after being suspended last year, has been charged with driving while his license was revoked.
- Charges have been dropped -- not surprisingly -- after a scuffle between two UNC teammates.
- Virginia right guard B.J. Cabbell will need to be better this fall, and his teammates say he's come a long way.
- BC has bigger problems that naming a starting quarterback. The Eagles need to find some leaders.