Wednesday, August 24, 2011
BC scrimmage highlights
By Heather Dinich
Here's a quick recap of Boston College's fourth and final preseason scrimmage, according to the team's practice report:
- Quarterback Chase Rettig completed 20-of-28 attempts for 176 yards, but threw four picks.
- Receiver Colin Larmond, Jr. led the team with 10 receptions for 89 yards.
- Sophomore Alex Amidon caught three passes for 29 yards.
- Junior running back Mike Javorski had 10 carries for 32 yards. Sophomore Rolandan Finch carried the ball seven times for 26 yards while Kimble registered four attempts for 22 yards.
Special teams highlights:
- Junior Hampton Hughes, who switched from wide receiver to defensive back just five days prior to the scrimmage, had two pass breakups and one interception.
- Freshman DB Manny Asprilla led all defensive players with five tackles and one pass breakup -- a long pass attempt that Asprilla deflected into redshirt freshman Sean Sylvia’s hands for an interception. Redshirt freshman Dominique Williams and sophomore Jim Noel also recorded interceptions.
- LBs Kevin Pierre-Louis and Steele Devitto each registered one sack.
- Sophomore PK Nate Freese hit a 41-yard field goal attempt to end the scrimmage.
- Senior Ryan Quigley punted four times, averaging 40 yards per punt, while his lone field-goal attempt -- of 42 yards -- missed.