Saturday, September 17, 2011
Pregame notes: FSU lineup changes
By Heather Dinich
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- A few quick lineup changes for you for Florida State:
- Freshman Rashad Greene is expected to start at receiver, though I'm told Bert Reed is healthy enough to play and will.
- Jacob Fahrenkrug will start at left guard, and Bryan Stork will start at center. The two have flip-flopped before.
- Xavier Rhodes will start at boundary corner over Mike Harris.
The stadium is slowly starting to fill up here, as the Noles are out there warming up. Three predictions as to what you might see Saturday night:
- EJ Manuel will run more. We're bound to see some new wrinkles in FSU's offense. There's no way Florida State showed its full hand in the first two blowout wins against unheralded opponents. One of those wrinkles could be the use of Manuel's mobility.
- Oklahoma will struggle up front more with Florida State's defensive line. Brandon Jenkins will get after Sooners' quarterback Landry Jones, and the Noles won't be as neutralized as they were up front a year ago.
- Florida State will have the edge in special teams. Not only in the return game and with field position, but also in the kicking game. The Seminoles have one of the top kicker/punter duos in the country in Dustin Hopkins and Shawn Powell, and in a tight game, special teams could play a major role.