Saturday, September 5, 2009
Virginia halftime notes
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
A few quick halftime notes for you from Charlottesville:
- Four Cavaliers made their first career starts: ILB Steve Greer, WR Kris Burd, OT, Landon Bradley and WR Javaris Brown.
- Quarterback Jameel Sewell's second-quarter rushing touchdown was his first scoring run since he rushed for a pair of scores against Virginia Tech during the 2007 season.
- UVa nose tackle Nick Jenkins blocked the second field goal attempt of his career when he deflected Brian Pate's second-quarter attempt. Jenkins' other block came last season against Richmond. (You know, the team that's beating Duke.)
- When Vic Hall completed a pass on the Cavaliers' opening drive, it marked his first completion since the 2007 game vs. UConn when he tossed a 35-yard pass to Chris Gorham.
- Hall's first-quarter touchdown run marked the second time in his last two games he has recorded scoring dashes of more than 30 yards. He darted for a 40-yard TD vs. Virginia Tech in the finale last year. He also had a 16-yard TD run against the Hokies.