Monday, August 27, 2012
ACC bowl projections: Week 1
By Heather Dinich
Last season, the Sugar Bowl made this prediction impossible.
If you said the Hokies would go to the Sugar Bowl last year AND Clemson would play in the Orange Bowl, drop what you’re doing and go to Vegas. Now.
The beauty of college football is its unpredictability, but there’s no harm in playing the guessing game. The only thing we know for sure right now is that North Carolina is ineligible for postseason play this year because of NCAA sanctions. Based on the preseason predictions and expectations for each team, here are your first ACC bowl projections of the 2012 season:
- Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 1: Florida State
- Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Virginia Tech
- Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28: NC State
- Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31: Clemson
- Belk Bowl, Dec. 27: Georgia Tech
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 31: Wake Forest
- Advocare V100 Independence Bowl, Dec. 28: Virginia
- Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman, Dec. 28: Duke
Predicted to be ineligible: Maryland, Boston College, Miami and North Carolina