Tuesday, September 29, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
There's still lots of football left to be played ...
- Here's a quick rundown for Georgia Tech fans on this week's opponent, Mississippi State.
- BC coach Frank Spaziani looks past Florida State's inconsistencies and sees only its athleticism.
- The Noles aren't the only team that have looked different from one week to the next. UNC is still trying to figure out its identity after the loss to Georgia Tech.
- Clemson backup quarterback Willy Korn is like every other backup -- he just wants to play. He said he remains committed to Clemson this season, but next? Who knows.
- NC State's defense isn't getting wrapped up in its impressive stats this season. Those within the program say there's still room to improve.
- Virginia had a productive bye week and now that the conference play is starting, views it as a new season. Al Groh got time to watch other games across the country and said he saw a lot of teams and players being anointed way too early. It's also too soon to count Groh out.
- Oklahoma can score. Can Miami's defense stop the Sooners? Defensive coordinator John Lovett wanted to make darn sure they don't forget what happened against Virginia Tech.
- Sure, the NFL is nice, but Virginia Tech defensive tackle Demetrius Taylor has his heart set on these three letters -- FBI.
- There's one very good explanation for Maryland's troubles this season, and it's the recruiting on the offensive line.
- FSU freshman defensive tackle Jacobbi McDaniel could miss Saturday's game at BC.