Friday, October 2, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
Heading to Miami now, where Jacory Harris says, "It's always sunny down here ..." Wonder if Oklahoma can change that forecast ...
- When Georgia Tech faces Mississippi State, it's sort of like they'll be looking in the mirror, as the Bulldogs run some offensive plays that are similar to what Paul Johnson is doing.
- Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen will be evaluated at the end of the season, but I'd be surprised if any changes were made, unless Friedgen was the one who made them.
- When Florida State travels to Boston College on Saturday, it will more than likely be Bobby Bowden's last trip to Chestnut Hill, and anyone who's in attendance should appreciate that fact.
- BC tight end Jordon McMichael has had torn labrums in both hips, so his latest minor injury is nothing compared to what he's already been through.
- Kyle Parker's arm has gotten all the attention, but it's his core strength that makes it all possible.
- Virginia is looking at its first ACC game against UNC on Saturday as a new start, and they need one.
- UNC is leery of the Cavs' 3-4 defense, which Butch Davis says is dramatically different because no one else i the ACC uses it.
- Duke coach David Cutcliffe has issued a plea to Duke students - come to the game, don't make it a home game for Virginia Tech. He's right. C'mon people, show some pride.
- Miami's defense is ready to "talk with their pads," and redeem themselves from last week. The secondary, though, will be a little short-handed.
- In round one of NCAA vs. FSU, the NCAA lost, and the documents the NCAA sent to FSU are officially public record.
- It's time for Ryan Williams to get some Heisman love, writes Randy King.
- Wake Forest receiver Marshall Williams is a different, better player than the one who dropped a potential game-winning pass against NC State last year.