Tuesday, October 13, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By Heather Dinich
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
It's only Tuesday?
- If Georgia Tech wins on Saturday, it's toughest stretch will be behind it, and huge possibilities will lie ahead.
- Maryland's defense has been taking some risks this year, and against Wake Forest it didn't pay off.
- Despite a disappointing start to the season, Clemson remains focused knowing the Atlantic Division is wide open.
- NC State's lack of progress under coach Tom O'Brien has been surprising, and so far, his biggest achievement has been Chuck Amato recruit Russell Wilson.
- The difference this week in the ACC was quarterback play, and Virginia coach Al Groh saw some of it firsthand.
- Miami's defense took another hit with more injuries.
- Duke coach David Cutcliffe has a theme of success in his office, and the Blue Devils are starting to see it on the field. It's time for the students there to start watching.
- It's possible Virginia tailback Mikell Simpson could return from a neck injury in time for Saturday's game at Maryland.
- Virginia Tech's perimeter players will have their hands full on Saturday against the triple option.
- FSU linebacker Kendall Smith is "ticked," or something like that. He should be. Imagine how Christian Ponder feels.