Friday, October 16, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
I'm lea-vin', on a jet plane, don't know which team will win this game .
- The big-play capabilities in Georgia Tech's offense often catch opponents -- and fans -- by surprise.
- Virginia Tech's starting fullback, Kenny Jefferson, has been convicted of DUI. He was already suspended for the season opener against Alabama, and that's the end of his punishment.
- Broken hand? No problem. Maryland linebacker Demetrius Hartsfield still might play on Saturday against Virginia. The Terps are beat up, especially Maryland quarterback Chris Turner. Check out this patented Spiffy Chart to illustrate the point. Guess who else has taken his fair share of hits this fall? Virginia quarterback Jameel Sewell. Let's see who can stay on their feet in College Park this weekend.
- Boston College quarterback Dave Shinskie will start on Saturday against NC State, but who will finish?
- Virginia running back Mikell Simpson has had memorable success before against Maryland, and he'd like to do it again, but he's coming off a neck injury.
- Wake Forest running back Josh Adams is looking more and more like he did as a freshman in 2007 -- and that's a good thing.
- Here is a second take on the highs and lows of Clemson's season so far.
- There are a lot of coaches out there rooting for Miami coach Randy Shannon to succeed, including one he'll be facing on Saturday.