Friday, February 1, 2013
2012 postseason top 25 players: No. 17
By Heather Dinich
No. 17. Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
2012 stats: His 1,896 all-purpose yards in 2012 were the second-most in school history and the most by a freshman. He averaged 172.4 all-purpose yards per game -- second in the ACC -- and a team-high 77.1 receiving yards per game. He also led the team in catches (54) and receiving touchdowns (6).
Previous ranking: NR
Making the case for Diggs: As a true freshman, he was one of the ACC’s most electric and exciting players to watch. He also was the highlight of Maryland’s entire season. Diggs was named the team's Most Valuable Player, and he contributed in just about every way he could to Maryland’s offense. Diggs scored six touchdowns receiving, two on kickoff returns and one throwing. He was named ACC Rookie of the Week three times and Specialist of the Week twice. He finished second in the voting for ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year by the coaches. He also was named a freshman All-American by the FWAA.
- No. 18 Ross Cockrell, CB, Duke
- No. 19 Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
- No. 20 Bryn Renner, QB, North Carolina
- No. 21 Alex Amidon, WR, Boston College
- No. 22 Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech
- No. 23 Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech
- No. 24 Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest
- No. 25 Mike Glennon, QB, NC State