Thursday, April 25, 2013
Previewing ACC in NFL draft
By Heather Dinich
NFL draft coverage will begin at 8 p.m. ET tonight on ESPN and WatchESPN.com, but here is a one-stop shopping post for all of your last-minute mocks and talk:
- First, let's take a look at who will be there: Florida State and North Carolina will represent the ACC with Bjoern Werner, Menelik Watson, Xavier Rhodes, EJ Manuel, and UNC's Jonathan Cooper.
- KC Joyner says Rhodes could be one of the biggest steals of the draft.
- The experts at Scouts Inc. projected all seven rounds -- and the ACC will have two top-10 picks, depending on your take of the ACC at this particular point in time. If you want to count former Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib, then "the ACC" will have the No. 8 overall pick, going to former Cuse coach Doug Marrone, now with Buffalo. If you're like me, and not really willing to count Nassib in this group, then former UNC OG Jonathan Cooper is the ACC's top dawg at No. 11 overall. This is Insider content, so it's just a sneak peek, but you're going to have to wait until the second round to see EJ Manuel and the third round for Mike Glennon.
- Todd McShay posted his Mock 5.1, but he will also have an update this morning with his latest on the first round.
- On Monday, Mel Kiper Jr. also released his latest, Mock Draft 4.1, but his will also be updated as the draft nears, so check back. Meanwhile, put your own spin on Kiper's draft.
- Our NFL bloggers also held their mock draft this week.
- And there will be a live blog from Radio City Music Hall beginning at noon today.