Thursday, October 22, 2009
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
It's Thursday, and the ACC is back on the national scene with tonight's game in Chapel Hill. So let's start there:
- There are mixed reviews of UNC's 2006 recruiting class, which are the last of the John Bunting era.
- Bobby Bowden told David Glenn that he and Jimbo Fisher have talked about when he plans to leave.
- UNC better be ready for Bowden, because he's still capable of spoiling home parties.
- The ACC championship is looking for a permanent home, and next year, it's Charlotte's turn to audition.
- NC State is 5-1 after a bye week since the league expanded to 12 teams, and boy do they need the rest.
- The performance of BC running back Montel Harris has mirrored the inconsistency of his team this year.
- There's a bit of a quarterback controversy brewing in College Park, but the problem is there's only one quarterback in the middle of it. Well, maybe it's actually Chris Turner's dad who is in the middle of it. Regardless, Maryland has a game to play on Saturday, and it's not often the Blue Devils are favored. It's an unusual position for Duke, too.
- Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald gives a few reasons why the Canes should be leery of Clemson this weekend.
- Here's another reason -- it could be an emotional game for C.J. Spiller, given that his dad will be watching him play for the first time.
- Who is Virginia's newest top pass-rusher? The answer might surprise you.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson has changed the perception on the Flats -- very quickly.
- Josh Bush learned so much from former Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith they moved him to safety.