Wednesday, May 29, 2013
GT releases post-spring depth chart
By Andrea Adelson
Georgia Tech released its post-spring depth chart on Wednesday without a whole lot in the way of big surprises.
Nothing is set in stone of course, as the Jackets use this chart as a starting point for the start of practice come Aug. 1. Among the highlights:
- Start with quarterback. Vad Lee is listed alone as the starter, but coach Paul Johnson has repeatedly talked about the possibility of playing both Lee and Justin Thomas this season.
- As for the A-backs, Robert Godhigh and B.J. Bostic are listed with the first team, but you figure this position is going to see plenty of competition come fall practice. Deon Hill OR Tony Zenon are behind Godhigh; and Synjyn Days OR Dennis Andrews are listed behind Bostic.
- The Jackets return four starters on the offensive line, though they did some shuffling with right guard Omoregie Uzzi gone. Shaquille Mason moves over to right guard, while Will Jackson is penciled in at left guard. Veterans Ray Beno, Jay Finch and Morgan Bailey return to the starting lineup.
- Two spots do not have a definitive starter listed -- one defensive end spot has Emmanuel Dieke OR Chris Crenshaw; and middle linebacker has Jabari Hunt-Days OR Daniel Drummond. Hunt-Days missed spring with an injury, allowing Drummond to see an increased number of reps.
- With Jemea Thomas moving to cornerback, Chris Milton is penciled in to start at safety.
- Adam Gotsis and Euclid Cummings are listed as the new starters at defensive tackle.
- Receiver Anthony Autry, offensive lineman Freddie Burden and nose tackle Shawn Green are all listed as injured.
- One more note to keep in mind: the depth chart does not include incoming freshmen, who could make an impact at kicker and wide receiver.