Tuesday, August 6, 2013
ACC's lunchtime links
By Matt Fortuna
"College Football Live" and its Summer Tour stops in Clemson today. Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, David Pollack and Joey Galloway will be in Clemson today checking in on Dabo Swinney, Tajh Boyd and Co. Catch them throughout the day on "SportsCenter" and on CFB Live at 5 p.m. ET on ESPNU.
- Alex Amidon is now a leader at BC, Michael Vega writes in the Boston Globe.
- Clemson's young tight ends are coming along, Brandon Rink writes on OrangeandWhite.com.
- Duke is looking ahead to a better November, Laura Keeley writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- The Orlando Sentinel's Coley Harvey looks at 10 questions FSU must answer this month.
- Georgia Tech offensive tackle Nick Brigham received a hardship waiver from the NCAA that will allow him to play immediately after transferring from Maryland, Ken Sugiura writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Randy Edsall quickly quelled QB questions Monday, saying that C.J. Brown is Maryland's starter, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami end Anthony Chickillo missed practice Monday with a turned ankle, Matt Porter writes in the Palm Beach Post.
- North Carolina junior linebacker Travis Hughes faces a Sept. 24 court date in Durham County on a misdemeanor drug paraphernalia possession charge, Andrew Carter writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Could a favorable ACC schedule help Dave Doeren in Year 1 at NC State?
- Shaping a young roster is Paul Chryst's main concern with Pitt practices underway, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Awesome to see the Panthers named their practice fields after Beano Cook.
- Scott Shafer says nothing is set in stone when it comes to Syracuse's practice schedule this month, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- The (Newport) Daily Press' David Teel says that Jake McGee is ready to become a complete tight end at Virginia.
- Virginia Tech freshman Kendall Fuller will get a big role at nickelback, Andy Bitter writes in the Roanoke Times.
- Jim Grobe got Cory Helms' feet wet early by introducing the Wake Forest center to Nikita Whitlock, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.