Wednesday, August 7, 2013
ACC's lunchtime links
By Matt Fortuna
Hey everyone, know what day it is?
- Nine ACC players are featured on colleague Travis Haney's list of 50 potential breakout players in college football this year.
- The hard work starts now for BC, ESPNBoston.com's Jack McCluskey writes.
- Clemson's safeties have used the offseason to erase questions, Brandon Rink writes on OrangeandWhite.com.
- The Duke Chronicle's Daniel Carp says that Anthony Boone, Corbin McCarthy and Shaquille Powell are three Blue Devils to watch during fall camp.
- AthlonSports' Steven Lassan has Florida State as one of 10 darkhorse teams that could win the BCS title this year.
- With the offense facing several injuries, the defense got the best of it during Georgia Tech's practice Tuesday, Ken Sugiura writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- The Washington Post's Jason Reid says that Maryland will soon be swimming with bigger fishes in the Big Ten.
- Jimmy Gaines leads Miami's revamped unit of linebackers, Manny Navarro writes in the Miami Herald.
- The Raleigh News & Observer's Andrew Carter chats with UNC left tackle James Hurst, whose first test of the season — against South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney — will likely be his toughest.
- Bryant Shirreffs fits the quarterback profile at NC State, Joe Giglio writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Paul Chryst shook up Pitt's linebackers on Day 1 of practice, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse's Nick Robinson intends to solidify the right guard spot soon, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Quarterback evaluations are continuing at Virginia, Andrew Ramspacher writes in the (Charlottesville) Daily Progress.
- NFL.com's Mike Huguenin previews Virginia Tech's season.
- Wake Forest is raring to go, Dan Collins writes in the Winston-Salem Journal.