Wednesday, August 7, 2013
ACC finalizes future bowl agreements
By Andrea Adelson
The ACC finalized partnerships with five additional bowl games beginning in 2014, the league announced Wednesday.
The league will send a team to the Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman; the AdvoCare V100 Bowl and a new bowl game in Detroit, Mich., over the six-year contract.
In addition, the ACC will send a team to the Beef ‘O’Brady’s Bowl after the 2014 and 2016 seasons and will serve as the game's first conditional choice the other four years if its primary partners cannot fill the slot.
The Birmingham Bowl will be a second conditional bowl for the ACC, if it has an available team beyond the Beef ‘O’Brady’s Bowl choice. The ACC is the first conditional choice of the Birmingham Bowl.
"It’s very satisfying to finalize our future ACC bowl partnerships that collectively provide great flexibility, matchups and depth for our 15 member schools," commissioner John Swofford said in a statement. "We are pleased to continue our relationship with the Military and AdvoCare V100 Bowls while beginning new ones with the new bowl game in Detroit, hosted by the Detroit Lions; the Beef ‘O’Brady’s bowl game and Birmingham."
Here are the bowls the ACC will have affiliations with between 2014-2019:
- Discover Orange Bowl, Miami, Fla.
- Russell Athletic Bowl, Orlando, Fla.
- Capital One Bowl, Orlando, Fla.
- Hyundai Sun Bowl, El Paso, Texas
- Belk Bowl, Charlotte, N.C.
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Nashville, Tenn.
- Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl, Jacksonville, Fla.
- New Era Pinstripe Bowl, New York City.
- Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, Annapolis, Md.
- AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Shreveport, La.
- Detroit Bowl, Detroit
- Beef ‘O’Brady’s Bowl, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Birmingham Bowl, Birmingham, Ala.