Monday, September 9, 2013
ACC's lunchtime links
By Matt Fortuna
Holy cow, Breaking Bad.
- BC's Alex Amidon and Wake's Michael Campanaro stepped up in Friday's game, Rich Thompson writes in the Boston Herald.
- Clemson reserve quarterback Chad Kelly looked and sounded fine after his first college appearance, Aaron Brenner writes in the (Charelston) Post & Courier.
- Duke's quarterback situation was thrown in flux after Anthony Boone went down, Laura Keeley writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Florida State kicker Roberto Aguayo made some key plays in his debut, Brendan Sonnone writes in the Orlando Sentinel.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Ken Sugiura offers observations as Georgia Tech comes out of its bye and prepares for Duke.
- Maryland corner Jeremiah Johnson is out 7-8 weeks with a fractured toe, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- CBSSports.com's Jeremy Fowler says that Miami seized a huge opportunity against Florida, with plenty of motivation to spare.
- North Carolina is still searching for a strong running game, Grace Raynor writes in the Daily Tar Heel.
- NC State hopes to learn from its mistakes, Joe Giglio writes in the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Pitt's defense isn't planning any personnel changes, Jerry DiPaola writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Syracuse tight end Kendall Moore stepped up in his hometown after Beckett Wales went down with an ankle injury, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- The Washington Post's Mark Giannotto offers five observations from Virginia's loss to Oregon.
- Kalvin Cline has emerged at tight end for the Hokies, Mike Barber writes in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.