Wednesday, October 2, 2013
ACC's lunchtime links
By David M. Hale
The last time the Pittsburgh Pirates won a playoff game, the ACC had just added its ninth member, and no one knew what the Internet was. How far we've come...
- For undefeated Maryland, this week's game against Florida State represents an opportunity to prove it belongs among the ACC's elite, writes the Baltimore Sun.
- When Florida State's offense gets on a roll this season, it's virtually impossible to slow the Seminoles down, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Miami coach Al Golden is reminding his star tailback that he needs to hang on to the football -- especially in the red zone, writes The Sun Sentinel.
- Vad Lee chalks up Georgia Tech's loss to Virginia Tech to complacency during practice, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Syracuse is expecting a near sellout at the Carrier Dome for its first-ever ACC game against No. 3 Clemson, writes The Post-Standard.
- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has his team preparing for the unique challenges of playing inside the Carrier Dome, writes The State.
- Virginia Tech kicker Cody Journell said he's putting his on-field struggles and the off-field threats from fans behind him, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe says his team isn't playing with enough energy, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- A grand jury handed up indictments in the case related to the 2010 football scandal at North Carolina, writes the Raleigh News & Observer.
- Virginia's special teams needed some work in last week's loss, but punter Alec Vozenilek was exceptional, writes The Roanoke Times.
- If the government shutdown costs Boston College its date with Army this weekend, there are some reasonable backup plans, writes BC Interruption.