Thursday, November 14, 2013
ACC's lunch links
By Matt Fortuna
Always nice to see some Thursday night ACC ball.
- AthlonSports' Steven Lassan previews this weekend's ACC lineup.
- Boston College receiver Harrison Jackson is back in Boston after a big hit last week kept him in a Texas hospital earlier this week.
- Clemson linebacker Spencer Shuey is looking for another strong performance against Georgia Tech, Scott Keepfer writes in the Greenville News.
- Duke has added running back/linebacker Juwan Thompson as a captain.
- CBSSports.com's Jeremy Fowler catches up with former Florida State defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews, who says this could be the best Seminoles team ever.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Ken Sugiura looks at Georgia Tech's keys to tonight's game at Clemson.
- Former Virginia Tech quarterback Ricardo Young, now with Maryland, has moved to wideout to help the Terrapins' injury-riddled receiving corps, Alex Prewitt writes in the Washington Post.
- Miami quarterback Stephen Morris is hoping to end his up-and-down season on a high note, Christy Cabrera Chirinos writes in the (South Florida) Sun-Sentinel.
- North Carolina quarterback Marquise Williams used his lowest point as his turning point, Andrew Carter writes in the (Raleigh) News & Observer.
- The (Raleigh) News & Observer's Luke DeCock says that NC State AD Debbie Yow is optimistic when talking about NCAA reform.
- Pitt's resurgent line has allowed the run game to blossom, Sam Werner writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- A Syracuse win at Florida State would not be the first monumental upset Scott Shafer has been a part of, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- As the Washington Post's Dan Steinberg cautions, do not get your photograph anywhere near a Virginia Tech ticket.