Monday, January 6, 2014
ACC's lunchtime links
By David M. Hale
Well, here we are. I’m thinking Florida State 35, Auburn 24. Who ya got?
- The Miami Herald breaks down the game to find out who has an edge tonight in Pasadena.
- Jimbo Fisher’s new contract makes him one of the top 10 highest-paid coaches in the country, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Florida State’s secondary has been buoyed by two freshmen, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Backup QB Jacob Coker is the subject of rampant transfer rumors, but he dodged those questions over the weekend, writes the Sentinel.
- Sammy Watkins is one of three Clemson underclassmen set to enter the NFL draft, writes The State.
- Louisville players aren’t mad at Charlie Strong for leaving, writes the Courier-Journal.
- Strong is gone at Louisville, but Al Golden is staying put at Miami. That’s a good sign for the future of the program, writes the Miami Herald.
- Vad Lee might be out at Georgia Tech, but Paul Johnson insists he’s not going anywhere, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Pitt added a four-star receiver to its improving recruiting class, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Virginia Tech’s season was “not satisfactory,” writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch, which is problematic considering all the changes made after a disappointing 2012.
- Defensive tackle Kris Harley has been granted his release at Virginia Tech, writes the Roanoke Times.
- The Post-Standard makes some predictions for newcomers who could make an instant impact for the Orange.
- A former Virginia player is joining the Cavaliers’ coaching staff, writes the Daily Progress.