Friday, January 10, 2014
ACC's lunchtime links
By David M. Hale
One week without college football down. Thirty-three more to go.
- Until proven otherwise, the narrative at Louisville will be that Bobby Petrino is a changed man. The Louisville Courier-Journal has its doubts.
- Clemson’s Dabo Swinney expects offensive coordinator Chad Morris to be back next year, and he could be running a two-QB system, writes the Post and Courier.
- Heisman finalist Andre Williams will skip the Senior Bowl because of injury concerns, notes BC Interruption.
- As early enrollees arrive on campus, the Al Golden saga at Penn State appears to be at an end, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- Florida State will hold its championship celebration in Tallahassee on Jan. 18. The Tallahassee Democrat has details.
- Could FSU offensive lineman Ira Denson be transferring? Tomahawk Nation reads the tea leaves, which certainly point to a departure.
- Notre Dame transfer Lo Wood won’t be coming to Georgia Tech, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Defensive tackle Luther Maddy will be returning to Virginia Tech for the 2014 season, writes the Roanoke Times.
- Still, Virginia Tech ranks among Athlon’s top five teams on the decline for 2014.
- Durell Eskridge proved to be a nice surprise in Syracuse’s developing secondary last season, writes The Post-Standard.
- Athlon ranks just one ACC player among its most likely Heisman candidates for 2014. We’ll give you one guess who it is.