Thursday, January 23, 2014
2013 Top 25 player countdown: No. 18
By Heather Dinich
No. 18 Bryan Stork, C, Florida State
Previous ranking: NR
Making the case for Stork: The winner of the Rimington Trophy, Stork was also a consensus All-American and the heart of the Seminoles’ offensive line. He was one of five semifinalists for the Outland Trophy, and the runner-up for the Jacobs Blocking Trophy, which is given to the ACC's top offensive lineman as voted on by coaches.
Stork was Florida State’s most consistent lineman, capturing the highest average grade among the offensive linemen. He helped pave the way for an offense that set the national record for points (723) and rolled up school and ACC single-season records for total offense (7,267 yards), points per game (51.6) and yards per play (7.67). He helped redshirt freshman Jameis Winston put up record-breaking numbers and become the youngest player ever to win the Heisman Trophy. He was an All-ACC first-team selection by the coaches and media this season.
- No. 25 Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
- No. 24 Jack Tyler, LB, Virginia Tech
- No. 23 Tyler Boyd, WR, Pitt
- No. 22 Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
- No. 21 Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami
- No. 20 Kevin Pierre-Louis, LB, Boston College
- No. 19 Ryan Switzer, WR/PR, North Carolina