Friday, February 21, 2014
ACC's lunchtime links
By David M. Hale
Because in Florida, anything is possible.
- John Swofford has quietly made the ACC into a powerhouse league, writes Yahoo.
- Athlon counts down the 10 best ACC linebackers from the BCS era.
- Louisville’s Lorenzo Mauldin is excited about his new role as a stand-up rusher in Bobby Petrino’s 3-4 defense, writes the Louisville Courier-Journal.
- Syracuse has a new tight ends coach, writes The Post-Standard.
- But the Orange lost a punter, writes the Troy Nunes blog.
- Florida State has plenty of representatives at the NFL combine, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- A hamstring injury forced Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu out of the NFL combine, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Versatility might be a good selling point as former Clemson lineman Brandon Thomas embarks on his NFL career, writes The Post and Courier.
- Former Clemson coach Tommy Bowden says the PAT could use a makeover, writes The State.
- NC State projects to be around the middle of the pack nationally in 2014, writes Backing the Pack.
- A once-prized quarterback recruit will be lining up at tight end for Virginia Tech in 2014, writes The Virginian-Pilot.
- A former Virginia Tech running back is in trouble with the law, writes The Roanoke Times.