Wednesday, March 26, 2014
ACC's lunch links
By David M. Hale
Want to know why you’re not famous? It might be that you were born in the wrong spot, according to this incredibly fascinating New York Times piece about how geography relates to fame. This completely explains why Delaware boasts Judge Reinhold, Delino Deshields and me.
- There will be changes on Pitt’s O-line, but the end result could be a big improvement, writes the Post-Gazette.
- When I spoke with FSU athletic director Stan Wilcox in February, he said the school would at least break even on the ACC championship game thanks to an adjusted ticket policy. Turns out, that was a bit optimistic, as Warchant discovered in the school’s financial records.
- Jameis Winston was involved when Florida State’s baseball team got into a brawl with rival Florida on Tuesday, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Jabari Hunt-Days is getting a look at rush end for Georgia Tech this spring, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Dave Clawson is hoping the weather in Winston-Salem for the first day of spring practice won’t be a sign of things to come, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Two former North Carolina players are speaking out about alleged academic fraud, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Miami will unveil new uniforms at its spring game, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- NC State plans to honor two of its all-time greats at its spring football game, writes the News & Observer.
- If Syracuse is looking for a hard-nosed, between-the-tackles runner, it might have found one in fullback Adonis Ameen-Moore, writes The Post-Standard.
- The Roanoke Times has a sneak peak at what an indoor practice facility at Virginia Tech might look like.