Friday, April 25, 2014
ACC's lunchtime links
By David M. Hale
If you haven't read it yet, W.P. Kinsella's take on the 25th anniversary of "Field of Dreams" should kick off your weekend reading.
- Virginia’s Mike London appears ready to name a quarterback ahead of schedule, writes The Roanoke Times.
- To no one’s surprise, the starting QB job at Boston College officially belongs to Tyler Murphy, writes BC Interruption.
- Clemson’s Cole Stoudt is starting the summer with plenty of confidence, writes The Post and Courier.
- A junior college transfer could add some intrigue to Louisville’s quarterback race, writes The Courier-Journal.
- Fox Sports looks at the QB competitions around the league.
- So here’s a headline you probably haven’t read in a while (ever?): Could Duke finish the regular season undefeated? Southern Pigskin thinks it’s possible.
- A transfer from Richmond is the favorite to win Virginia Tech’s kicking competition, writes The Virginian-Pilot.
- By the way, you can watch Virginia Tech's spring game live on Watch ESPN.
- Wake Forest knows it’s offensive line will need to excel if it wants to overcome other offensive shortcomings, writes the Winston-Salem Journal.
- Alabama’s Nick Saban is making inroads in ACC country, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Syracuse is adding some backfield depth in its 2015 signing class, writes The Post-Standard.
- Former Georgia Tech pass rusher Jeremiah Attaochu is pegged as a likely second-round selection in next month’s NFL draft, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.