Tuesday, January 26, 2010
ACC's lunchtime links
By ESPN.com staff
And the winner is ...
- North Carolina. Highly touted defensive end Kareem Martin chose the Tar Heels over Duke and Virginia Tech, but not without teasing the Blue Devils first. Poor Duke.
- It's been a scary season for Georgia Tech safety Cooper Taylor, but he's on the road to recovery -- and so are his parents.
- Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Al Groh has already been out recruiting for the Jackets, who haven't lost any commitments since the staff change.
- There is a disparity in salaries for the current FSU staff and the previous one, but because Jimbo Fisher isn't making as much money as Bobby Bowden, it's actually quite similar in total expense.
- Mike London still has lots of work to do, including finding an offensive coordinator. Guess who's name is reportedly in the mix? Former Clemson OC Rob Spence.
- And some folks at ESPN aren't the only ones who considered the hire of London the best offseason coaching move.