Monday, November 10, 2008
ACC's lunchtime links: Groh not going anywhere
By Heather Dinich
Posted by ESPN.com's Heather Dinich
- Virginia athletic director Craig Littlepage told the Richmond Times-Dispatch in an e-mail that "Al Groh will be our head coach" regardless of what happens in the Cavaliers' final two games. UVa. still has to face Clemson and rival Virginia Tech. That's a good thing for Littlepage, who just gave Groh a contract extension at the end of last season.
- Clemson interim coach Dabo Swinney might not be so lucky.
- There was legitimate first-round draft talent on the field in Winston-Salem on Saturday, and he went after Virginia like a "mad dog." Then again, maybe it was just the unis.
- Georgia Tech "got whipped" but the Jackets still have something to play for -- like which bowl game they're invited to.
- Boston College is three wins away from playing in the ACC Championship Game, a surprising scenario considering its 2-3 conference record.