ACC: Devon Ramsey
The future is now, Ryan Tannehill.
- BC needs to rely on a trio of running backs, but two of them are hurt.
- Practice makes perfect for Clemson receiver Charone Peake. The Tigers offer the best game-day experience in the ACC, writes Andrew Jones.
- CBSSports.com provides a season outlook for Duke quarterback Sean Renfree.
- Florida State defensive tackle Jacobbi McDaniel appears set to receive a medical redshirt this season because of an ankle injury.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson says the Jackets had an "unacceptable" practice Monday.
- Devin Burns is settling in at a new position for Maryland -- third-string quarterback.
- Jorge Milian of The Palm Beach Post breaks down the winners and losers on the new Miami depth chart.
- North Carolina sixth-year senior Devon Ramsey gives football another try.
- NC State has started preparing for its opponents.
- Virginia's Tidewater connections are paying off.
- Virginia Tech is preparing to focus on Georgia Tech.
- Wake Forest's punting job is in the air.
September, 5, 2011
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
North Carolina senior fullback Devon Ramsay tore ligaments in his left knee in Saturday's 42-10 victory against James Madison. Ramsay will have season-ending surgery next week at UNC Hospitals. He started last week and had an 18-yard reception. North Carolina will pursue a sixth-year of eligibility with the NCAA for Ramsay, who redshirted in 2007 with a shoulder injury.