ACC: Grant Polk
Quite a bit of recruiting activity this past weekend ...
- BC Interruption's "Get to Know the Dudes" series takes a look at linebacker Tim Joy.
- Phil Steele previews his preseason No. 23 team, Clemson.
- Chicago-area receiver Flynn Nagel committed to Duke on Friday.
- Florida State sold out its season ticket allotment for the first time since 2003.
- On Monday, Knoxville, Tennessee, running back Nathan Cottrell became Georgia Tech's fifth commitment in as many days.
- Louisville receiver James Quick and Kentucky end Jason Hatcher were cited for possession of marijuana by University of Louisville police on May 26, Jeff Greer writes in the (Louisville) Courier-Journal.
- Miami has taken a rather different approach with its new ticket ad.
- UNC incoming freshman tight end Avery Edwards was arrested Thursday for felony larceny.
- Malvern (Pa.) quarterback Alex Hornibrook committed to Pitt on Saturday, Sam Werner writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Scott Shafer says Syracuse does not have any room for transfers, Nate Mink writes in the (Syracuse) Post-Standard.
- Punta Gorda, Florida, offensive tackle Grant Polk committed to Virginia on Sunday.