ACC: Josh Carey
August, 24, 2011
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
This series is like a CliffsNotes version of what went on at summer camp, a few quick hits to catch you up on the main developments at each ACC school this month as we gear up for game week next week. Next up is Maryland:
- The coaching staff liked what it saw from the running backs, and Davin Meggett and D.J. Adams are still the top two on the depth chart, but the Terps are still looking for a third who can play. Jeremiah Wilson, a redshirt freshman who moved to running back from defensive back in the spring, is an option, but true freshmen Justus Pickett and Brandon Ross have been particularly impressive and could see some snaps.
- Maryland has plenty of options at receiver, but Kerry Boykins, Kevin Dorsey, Ronnie Tyler and Quintin McCree got the majority of meaningful snaps this month.
- Keith Bowers is a true freshman from Florida who could figure into the rotation on the defensive line, but that rotation remains a question. There are several backup positions on defense that are up for grabs, including safety and linebacker.
- The staff has settled in on its starting five on the offensive line (Max Garcia, Andrew Gonnella, Bennett Fulper, Josh Carey and R.J. Dill), but the No. 2 positions still remain a question.
- A competition still remains at punter with Michael Tart and Nate Renfro, a true freshman who joined the team this month.
BACK TO TOP