ACC: N.C. State Wolfpack
Here's what's happening around ACC country.
- In case you missed it, colleague Joe Schad reports the NCAA interviewed North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples about a party he attended last month. Carolina coach Butch Davis made the right call in dismissing Jared McAdoo, The Daily Tar Heel opines.
- Wide receiver Chris Jackson will return to Georgia Tech's team if he continues to stay on track, Ken Seguira writes in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- ACC commissioner John Swofford is among those interested in exploring whether to allocate more funds to student-athletes, Schad writes.
- Clemson needs quarterback Tajh Boyd to stay on the field, Travis Sawchik writes in The Charleston Post and Courier. The Tigers add Kent State to their 2013 schedule.
- Miami coach Al Golden is still on the lookout for quarterbacks, Jorge Milian writes in The Palm Beach Post.
- Virginia's Week 2 matchup at Indiana will kick off under the lights.
- Virginia Tech picks up an offensive line recruit for 2012, Rick O'Brien writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- College Football News previews NC State in 2011.
- Maryland wants recruit Ian Fisher to play tight end, but Fisher has his eye on quarterback, Rivals.com's Mark Clem writes.