ACC: Travis Barnes
Here are Ernest Hemingway’s recommended readings for aspiring writers. I’ve never read any of them, but I’ve seen a few of the movies. That counts, right?
- Virginia Tech opens spring practice today. The Roanoke Times offers five key questions facing the Hokies.
- Mark Leal spent the offseason haunted by his poor bowl performance. Now he’s ready to take over the No. 1 job, writes the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- It’s been a winding road to get here, but former North Carolina running back A.J. Blue is poised for the NFL, writes the Charlotte Observer.
- Miami has a new mentality on defense, writes the Sun-Sentinel.
- Defensive end Ufomba Kamalu is at the heart of the Hurricanes’ new attitude on D, writes the Miami Herald.
- Some bad blood between two Syracuse quarterbacks has been smoothed over, writes The Post-Standard.
- The competition for playing time in Pitt’s backfield is heating up, writes the Tribune-Review.
- FSU's Eddie Goldman has shed some pounds and is looking much better, writes the Orlando Sentinel.
- Jameis Winston took advantage of a Florida fan’s autograph request, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
- Former Georgia Tech walk-on Robert Godhigh is now pushing for a spot in the NFL, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Last week, I asked NC State coach Dave Doeren what he learned in his first year on the job. One of his answers: The ACC has some really good receivers. Athlon Sports has its list of top receivers on the rise for 2014, and several in the ACC get nods.
- Travis Barnes and Jordan Leggett are committed to getting better during Clemson’s spring practice, writes The State.
- James Quick is looking to emulate one of Louisville’s best former receivers this year, writes The Courier-Journal.