Around the AFC East: Jets don't travel well
December, 19, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- New York Daily News columnist Vic Ziegel writes the Jets "will spend much of Friday heading in the wrong direction. West, where men are men and Jets become patsies."
- Daily News beat reporter Rich Cimini takes a closer look at running back Thomas Jones' terrific season.
- Joshua Robinson of the New York Times crafts an enjoyable feature on Pro Bowl center Nick Mangold.
- Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger writes first-round pick Vernon Gholston probably will be scratched a second straight game.
- Buffalo News columnist Bob DiCesare writes tackle Jason Peters' selection to the Pro Bowl should worry the Bills.
- Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News writes the Bills' stud kick returners are OK with Leon Washington being named to the Pro Bowl ahead of them.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana revisits the Bills' stellar return units.
- Pro Football Weekly's Matt Sohn reports Chad Pennington has surprised the Dolphins' brass, and offensive coordinator Dan Henning will be back next year.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero examines the ever-shuffling offensive line.
- Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post weighs the impact of guard Justin Smiley's season-ending injury.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Harvey Fialkov tries to find out what makes the difference when opponents get inside Miami's 20.
New England Patriots
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper says Matt Cassel "honored his father's memory simply by suiting up."
- Mike Tulumello of the East Valley Tribune in Arizona writes Matt Leinart always knew Cassel could play in the NFL.
- Boston Herald reporter Karen Guregian notes ball security will be paramount Sunday against the Cardinals.