Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker
CLEVELAND -- During his introductory news conference with the New York Jets on Thursday, quarterback Brett Favre shed some light on a lot of reports and innuendo that took place over the past several weeks.
- Favre surprised reporters when he said didn't discuss coming to New York until about 24 hours ago. The Jets were pursuing Favre for a while, he said, but he wasn't willing to listen.
"I knew I would be convinced once I talked to them," Favre said. "Did I ever think this scenario would present itself? No."
- Favre also admitted that his first choice was to stay "within the division" if he couldn't stay in Green Bay. Favre didn't mention a particular team but most reports speculated his first choice was the Minnesota Vikings.
- Favre took a slight dig at the his old team while explaining his current mindset.
"I'll use their term: I'm moving forward," Favre said.
- Despite some denials from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Favre told reporters Thursday that Bucs head coach Jon Gruden recruited Favre heavily during the process.
- When asked toward the end of the news conference whether this was a one-year commitment, Favre said "We'll see."