AFC East wire: Burgess bolsters pass rush
May, 14, 2010
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
New England Patriots
- ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss breaks down the re-signing of pass-rusher Derrick Burgess to a one-year contract.
- Boston Herald writer Karen Guregian checks in with quarterback-turned-vintner Drew Bledsoe.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle columnist Bob Matthews is skeptical running back Marshawn Lynch will remain on the roster.
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson introduces us to rookie linebacker Antonio Coleman, who led the SEC in tackles last year.
- The $11.5 million malpractice settlement O.J. McDuffie was awarded for the premature end to his career can't replace absent memories, writes South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Ethan J. Skolnick.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane examines what roles are possible for cornerback Will Allen in 2010.
- A source tells Newark Star-Ledger reporter Manish Mehta the Jets would like to trade defensive end Shaun Ellis.
- Rex Ryan isn't concerning himself with the Jets' problems selling personal seat licenses to their new stadium, writes Gary Myers of the New York Daily News.