AFC East wire: Jets, Fins remarkably alike
May, 17, 2010
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero claims the bombastic Jets and quiet Dolphins are mirror images of each other on paper.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Mike Berardino catches up with Jason Taylor, who says "the support has been overwhelming" from Dolfans about his decision to join the Jets.
- Bob Oppenheim of the South Bend Tribune profiles Wayne State running back Joique Bell, who has thrived as a long shot for years.
- Niagara Gazette reporter Jonah Bronstein writes former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly is a proponent of building a new stadium in Niagara Falls.
- Tom E. Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England reminds us not to forget about 2008 third-round pick Shawn Crable at outside linebacker.
- Boston Globe writer Albert Breer gets perspective on new Patriots receiver Torry Holt from Bears coach Lovie Smith.
- ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini notes that on a team full of big personalities and stars, backup guard Matt Slauson's story might be the most inspirational.
- Vinnie Iyer of the Sporting News lists five developing division dynasties and puts the Jets second on the list.