Around the AFC East: Lynch meets with commish
March, 18, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
- Running back Marshawn Lynch met with commissioner Roger Goodell in New York on Tuesday to discuss Lynch's misdemeanor gun charge, reports Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News.
- Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com looks at the offensive linemen still available through free agency.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde thinks the Dolphins should pursue disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler, but the Palm Beach Post's Edgar Thompson dismisses the idea as "ridiculous."
- Tony Massarotti explores the possibility of the Patriots adding Julius Peppers and offers a glimpse of what the team might do if they don't acquire him.
- The Patriots may not be amenable to Peppers' salary demands, writes the Boston Globe's Christopher L. Gasper.
- Newsday's Wallace Matthews says the Jets simply have to get Cutler.
- Running back Thomas Jones has been a no-show for the first two days of offseason workouts, says the Star-Ledger's Dave Hutchinson.
- The Jets matched the Cleveland Browns' offer to restricted free-agent safety Abram Elam, Hutchinson also reports.