AFC East wire: Fins forage for DE depth
July, 29, 2010
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
- NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks proclaims Buffalo's run game most critical to turning around the team's fortunes.
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reporter Sal Maiorana acknowledges unsigned rookie C.J. Spiller's absence at the start of camp. Spiller is the lone draft pick unsigned after the Bills locked up nose tackle Torell Troup.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero explains why the Dolphins signed free-agent defensive end Charles Grant -- and why Grant hadn't been signed by anyone else.
- Palm Beach Post scribe Brian Biggane notes the under-the-radar hiring of linebackers coach Bill Sheridan to help boost a disappointing unit in 2009.
- Boston Globe reporter Shalise Manza Young gives a primer on the big position battles headed into camp.
- Andy Hart of Patriots Football Weekly puts into perspective outside linebacker Shawn Crable's release Wednesday.