Around the AFC East: Harrison sets timetable
April, 3, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New England Patriots
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reports free-agent safety Rodney Harrison has given himself until July 1 to decide if he will retire or play.
- The Boston Globe's Tony Massarotti writes the Patriots did just fine by receiving a second-round pick for Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel even after seeing what the Broncos got for Jay Cutler.
- Boston Globe reporter Mike Reiss breaks down the Cassel and Cutler trades to show the differences.
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young checks with defensive end Adalius Thomas, who is no fan of the proposal to lengthen the regular season.
- The Boston Globe's Christopher L. Gasper blogs Thomas' comments about the possibility the Patriots add Jason Taylor or Julius Peppers.
- Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports safety George Wilson has signed his one-year tender for $1.01 million.
- In a video segment, FoxSports.com puts Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan "On the Clock" for the Bills.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson talks to Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin, who clarifies comments made Thursday about being traded to a Florida team.
- The Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington reports the Dolphins might get around to Jason Taylor after the draft.
New York Jets
- New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini blogs that the Jets' are underscoring their faith in Rex Ryan by moving forward with their three quarterbacks.