Around the AFC East: Jets after Brady Quinn?
April, 24, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets are involved in trade scenarios for Jason Campbell and Brady Quinn.
- Bergen Record columnist Ian O'Connor insists the Jets need to find a way to draft Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez.
- Newsday's Erik Boland tries to wade through some Jets rumors heading into the draft.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan writes the pressure is on Bills veep of college scouting Tom Modrak to come through on Saturday.
- Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan writes how Modrak and pro personnel chief John Guy have kept their jobs is "one of the confounding mysteries in Bills Land."
- The Toronto Globe and Mail's David Naylor sees the Bills drafting an offensive lineman in the first round.
- Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun looks back at recent history and thinks the Bills can get a franchise-changing star with the No. 11 pick.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Ethan J. Skolnick writes the Dolphins are wise to know their shortcomings.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson explains why it's so hard to find a nose tackle.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero writes the draft is a crapshoot even for certified geniuses like Bill Parcells.
New England Patriots
- Ron Borges of the Boston Herald says the Patriots will not trade for Julius Peppers.
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper writes "coach Bill Belichick and the Patriots have been futures traders" -- and incredibly savvy at it.
- Glen Farley of the Quincy Patriot Ledger sees the Patriots trading out of their No. 23 slot.
- If the Patriots keep the No. 23 pick, WEEI.com's Christopher Price has the Patriots selecting Cincinnati linebacker Connor Barwin.
- Providence Journal columnist Jim Donaldson doesn't like draftniks.
- Hector Longo of the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune declares the Patriots need "an absolute impactful game-breaker."