Around the AFC East: Sanchez the pitchman
April, 30, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Toni Monkovic of the New York Times' "The Fifth Down" blog explores how much marketability played a role in the Jets' decision to draft Mark Sanchez.
- Sophomore quarterback Erik Ainge finally has reported to the Jets' offseason program, New York Daily News writer Rich Cimini reports.
- Buffalo News reporter Mark Gaughan writes on the passing of Bills scouting executive Linda Bogdan, one of owner Ralph Wilson's three daughters.
- Olean Times Herald sports editor Chuck Pollock writes the Bills might have found five starters in the draft.
- NFL.com's Vic Carucci calls the Bills' decision not to draft a tackle the fifth-biggest surprise of draft weekend.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson catches up with receiver Greg Camarillo, who's not worried about how the Dolphins drafted.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Harvey Fialkov got Paul Soliai's reaction to the Dolphins not drafting another nose tackle.
New England Patriots
- Providence Journal columnist Jim Donaldson still sees holes in the Patriots' post-draft defense.
- The Boston Globe's Christopher L. Gasper introduces Pats fans to new safety Patrick Chung.
- WEEI.com's Christopher Price checks in with Chung's high school coach to get a sense of what the rookie is about.