Around the AFC East: Jets WR Clowney hurt
August, 18, 2008
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger reports WR David Clowney could miss several weeks with a collarbone injury.
- Pro Football Weekly columnist Matt Sohn wonders if Brett Favre will have a negative impact in the Jets locker room.
- New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro writes coach Eric Mangini didn't like what he saw from K Mike Nugent on Saturday night.
- Buffalo News columnist Bob DiCesare takes a look at the Bills' enviable problem with their kick returners.
- Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News writes CB Jabari Greer got the message when the Bills drafted a cornerback 11th overall and two more the next day.
- Bryan Sullivan of the Canandaigua Messenger Post catches up with LB John DiGiorgio, an undrafted free agent who started 14 games last year.
- TE Derek Schouman is out indefinitely and likely for the rest of the preseason with a left knee injury.
- Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post reports RB Ronnie Brown is day-to-day with a thumb injury and will not practice Monday afternoon.
- Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero says veterans such as offensive lineman Steve McKinney should be thankful they're getting cut early.
- Miami Herald beat writer Jeff Darlington gives a report on the offensive line's progress.
New England Patriots
- Boston Herald scribe John Tomase takes a look at the Patriots without Tom Brady and sees an ordinary team.
- Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe writes they "better hope they don't need the backup," whoever that will be.
- The Boston Globe's Christopher L. Gasper shares notes from Sunday night's game, including an injury to S Brandon Meriweather.