Around the AFC East: Jets backs playing hardball
May, 13, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News compares dissatisfied running backs Thomas Jones and Leon Washington to Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale in 1966.
- New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro writes "If the Jets wanted to, they could lay the hammer down with Washington."
- Washington is prepared to skip every organized team activity, writes Newark Star-Ledger reporter Dave Hutchinson.
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson takes a look at Pisa Tinoisamoa, the free-agent linebacker who's dropping by One Bills Drive.
- Miami Herald gumshoe Barry Jackson shares several Dolphins updates gleaned from a recent Akin Ayodele charity event.
New England Patriots
- Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper catches up with tight end David Thomas about making the roster at a crowded position.
- Mike Reiss of the Globe breaks down the Patriots' salary cap-situation.
- The Boston Herald's Karen Guregian updates the Jason Taylor derby from coach Tony Sparano's perspective.