Around the AFC East: Gholston impressing
May, 15, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com staff
New York Jets
- After showing little in his first season, the Jets are pleased with the work Vernon Gholston has put in during the offseason, Dave Hutchinson writes in The Star-Ledger.
- Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News gets the team's take on the remarks Leon Washington's agent, Alvin Keels, recently made on Twitter.
- Until Washington and fellow no-show Thomas Jones arrive at camp, the Jets will work with the backs they have, writes Greg Bishop in The New York Times.
- Buffalo News reporter Allen Wilson discusses Marshawn Lynch's decision to appeal his three-game suspension.
- The Football Scientist, KC Joyner, responds to the team bringing in free-agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa for a visit and wonders if signing him would be an upgrade for the Bills.
- How do the Dolphins plan to use Jason Taylor? Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald has the details.
- Count agent Drew Rosenhaus among those "floored" when he learned the amount of money it took to get Taylor signed.
New England Patriots
- New Patriots tight end Alex Smith says he isn't trying to fill Troy Brown's shoes -- he just happens to be wearing Brown's No. 80, the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian writes.