Around the AFC East: Kotwica far from Baghdad
May, 22, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
New York Jets
- Andre Gross of the Bergen Record turns out a terrific Memorial Day weekend profile of Jets assistant special-teams coach Ben Kotwica, a former Apache helicopter pilot in Iraq.
- Bergen Record reporter J.P. Pelzman notes rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez made a poor showing at Thursday's practice.
- New York Times reporter Greg Bishop takes a look at what Sanchez must be going through as a rookie in his first days.
- New York Post reporter Mark Cannizzaro notices all the needling Sanchez has absorbed for that GQ photo shoot.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch columnist Paul Woody scratches his head over how Terrell Owens got a key to the city in Buffalo.
- CBSSports.com senior writer Clark Judge calls the Bills' offensive line the most critical component of their offense's success.
- Brian Galliford of BuffaloRumblings.com breaks down the state of the Bills' linebacker unit.
- Tyler Dunne of the Olean Times-Herald takes a look at offensive lineman Joel Bell. Who, you ask? Read it and find out.
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde gives his always-lucid take on Michael Vick's NFL future.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson writes about the signing of fifth-round draft pick John Nalbone, who could be the third tight end.
New England Patriots
- Providence Journal reporter Shalise Manza Young talks to Terrence Wheatley about no longer being a rookie.
- Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald checks in with Vinny Ciurciu, who could be the next Larry Izzo.
- WEEI.com's Christopher Price takes a look at what outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain can bring to the team his second time around.
- Boston Globe columnists Dan Shaughnessy and Bob Ryan debate the merits of bringing Vick to New England.