Around the AFC East: Fins notice WR Armstrong
June, 16, 2009
By Tim Graham | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel reporter Omar Kelly tells us about receiver Anthony Armstrong, who's turning some heads.
- Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson reviews what stood out at this weekend's minicamp.
- Mike Berardino of the Sun-Sentinel writes about Monday's unsurprising cuts.
- Miami Herald reporter David J. Neal writes about a veteran's role as quasi-coach to rookies.
- Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post checks in with second-year guard Shawn Murphy about finally getting on the field.
- Jonah Bronstein of the Niagara Gazette thinks cornerback Drayton Florence might not make the team out of training camp.
- Brian Galliford of BuffaloRumblings.com takes a look at how the Bills use their safeties.
- Canandaigua Messenger Post columnist Bill Pucko dislikes Bills owner Ralph Wilson's decision to have ESPN's Chris Berman present him for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
New England Patriots
- Bill O'Brien doesn't have the title, but he will be New England's offensive coordinator, writes Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper.
- WEEI.com's Christopher Price shares his thoughts on what he's seen now that OTAs and minicamp are over.
- Michael Blunda of Pro Football Weekly says Tom Brady's knee is the top fantasy football story to follow for 2009.
New York Jets
- New York Daily News reporters Rich Cimini and Ralph Vacchiano write the Jets have lost interest in Plaxico Burress.
- Newsday's Bob Galuber thinks the Jets would be wise to steer clear of Burress.
- Before Mark Sanchez has taken a snap in shoulder pads, he "has New York in the proverbial palm of his hand," Mark Cannizzaro writes for Pro Football Weekly.
- CBSSports.com senior writer Clark Judge takes a look at why the Jets and other teams are getting their draft picks signed quickly.